Smartline, the University of Exeter
Smartline is a ground breaking research project looking at how technology can help us live healthier and happier lives. We are a partnership project led by the University of Exeter with Coastline Housing Ltd, Cornwall Council and Volunteer Cornwall. We are funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund and the South West Academic Health Science Network. By exploring how digital technologies can help connect our communities and improve our health and wellbeing, Smartline is supporting SMEs based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to develop innovative products, processes and services. Smartline actively supports SMEs new to this market, as well as those already engaged in it who are innovative and looking to grow. Are you eligible? In order to work with us you must meet our eligibility requirements:
- Your enterprise must be based (or going to be based) in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Your enterprise must have less than 250 employees (FTE) and an annual turnover of less than €50m euros (approx £43m), or total assets of less than €43M (approx. £36M).
- No other enterprise owns more than a quarter of your enterprise's issued shared capital.
- You must not have received more than €200,000 in state-aid during the last 3 rolling fiscal years.
- You need to agree to the publishing of research findings.
To find out more and register your interest in receiving funded support, go to our website.