A conference and networking event to mark the centenary of the Cornish Chamber of Mines and Minerals.
Cornwall has a long and successful history of mining, quarrying and mineral processing; more recently there is active exploration in the South West for tin, tungsten and lithium. Mining equipment and services are also identified as a high growth export sector. This event will:
- Showcase the Cornish Mining Alliance and local businesses.
- Promote future opportunities in the mining sector.
Confirmed speakers include Owen Mihalop (Strongbow Exploration), Nick Wilshaw (Grinding Solutions), Jeremy Wrathall (Cornish Lithium), Ashley Shopland (Imerys Minerals), Tony Batchelor (GeoScience), Martin Cox (IOM3 president), Mark Smith (Head of Mining, Department for International Trade) and academics from Camborne School of Mines.
Afternoon sessions will include an interactive demonstration from Dr Matthew Eyre (Camborne School of Mines) on the use of virtual reality in the mining industry and round table discussions facilitiated by:
- The REMIX project (Liz Adey) – Roadmap to Cornish Mining
- Stephens Scown Solicitors – Policy & Permitting support
- Cornwall Development Company (Matthew Vowles) – Funding Support for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- The Department for International Trade – Export Support
The event will be followed by a celebration dinner at the Penventon Park Hotel in Redruth (from £28 per person). Exhibition stands will also be available at a cost of £150 (which includes 2 delegate tickets). Places are limited and available on a first come first served basis, please email email@example.com to pay and reserve.
Tickets for this event cost from £30, please contact the event organiser for more information
Chi An Bobel Great Hall, Heartlands
Redruth, United Kingdom,, TR15 3QY
Location: Hotel Tresanton
Location: Sandy Park, Exeter
Location: Tremough Innovation Centre