Mid Life MOT (50 PLUS: Choices)Featured
The Mid Life MOT is designed to help both you as an employer, and your employees who are over 50, consider their health, skills needs and financial options, so you can maximise the benefits of their expertise and knowledge, whilst helping them to plan for a good retirement in the future.
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly LEP is running a Mid-Life MOT pilot project with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), with the aim of helping employers to support their workforce, with a particular focus on older workers.
In a world where we are living and working for longer, it is essential for employers to create the right environment to capture the benefits of a mature workforce. This sector of the working population brings significant benefits to your business; they are often more experienced, provide better customer service, reflect your customer base, and are loyal employees who are committed to helping your business succeed and nurture new talent.
This project could help you to start the conversation about what they might need, to enable them to stay in work for longer and lead fulfilling lives, helping you to support your employees and understand the needs of your workforce.
In addition, the Mid Life MOT will demonstrate how you could support your employees to review their financial plans so that they can prepare for the future they want, as well as providing you with some insights into how to look after their health & wellbeing.
Join us on 13th April at 11am to understand more about supporting your 50+ workforce.
The hour-long session will cover
• An overview of the programme – Clare Harris – Cornwall and Isles of Scilly LEP
• Minister for Pensions and Financial Inclusion – Guy Opperman MP
• Employer Perspective - Dawn George HR Director at Eden Project
• Financial support - Paul Fox from the Money and Pension Service
• Healthy Cornwall – Update on Healthy Workplace support available
• National Careers Service on how you can support the over 50's in your workforce – Gill Brinsden