Recruiting and retaining staff is fundamental to the success of most businesses but also being one of the most pressing issue facing businesses today outside the ‘current political uncertainty’.
We will be joined by a recruitment specialist who will share tips on how to differentiate your business to the ‘right’ prospective candidate; a solicitor (Verity Slater and Carrianne Matta of Stephen Scown) to ensure you do not trip up on potential legal pitfalls in the recruitment process and one of our tax specialists (Martin Brown) sharing some ideas of tax efficient remuneration and ‘share ownership’.
This presentation will cover:
- Qualities to look for in a candidate
- What are today’s candidates looking for
- Avoiding discrimination pitfalls and ensuring fair recruitment
- Getting employment contracts in place and issues around relocation packages
- Tax efficient company cars (historically one of the most popular benefits);
- Changes to auto-enrolment and salary sacrifice for pensions (a major staff cost component); and
- Delivering key staff equity ownership, to aid retention and succession planning
And if that is not enough, breakfast will be provided. Places are limited and will be available on a first come first served basis. Please note there is no parking on site for this event
PFK Francis Clark
Lowin House, Tregolls Road, TR1 2NA
Location: Penzance AFC
Location: Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI), University of Exeter
Location: Mevagissey Activity Centre