Help to Grow is a £520 million scheme to help owners of small and medium-sized business take their business to the next level.
Two Government backed programmes – Help to Grow: Management and Help to Grow: Digital – are designed to help business leaders learn new skills, reach more customers and boost profits.
Help to Grow: Management
The government-backed Help to Grow: Management course opens the door to growth for thousands of business leaders.
Delivered by leading UK business schools accredited to the Small Business Charter, Help To Grow: Management includes 50 hours of in-depth training, 1:1 business mentoring, and the opportunity to grow your business.
The 12-week programme requires a business contribution of costs just £750 and is 90% subsidised by the government. You can take part around your existing work commitments and access learning through a blend of online and face-to-face sessions.
Aimed at senior leaders in small and medium sized businesses, the course covers strategies for growth and innovation, leading high-performance teams and digital adoption, as well as financial management and responsible business practices. You will hear from inspirational business leaders and learn alongside local peers, with access to a national alumni network.
At the end of the programme, you will develop a tailored business growth plan to increase productivity and grow your revenue, and help take your business to the next level.
LOCAL UPDATE: There is a course starting in February that will deliver sessions both online and face to face in Plymouth.
This will be delivered by the University of Gloucester and more details can be found here.
Help to Grow: Digital
Help to Grow: Digital you’ll be able to access free, impartial online support about how digital technology can boost your business’s performance
- From December, businesses will be able to get free, impartial online support on how technology can boost their performance through a new online platform.
- Eligible businesses will also be able to get a discount of up to 50% on the costs of approved digital software, up to a maximum of £5,000.
- Many businesses had to diversify and adapt how they did business during the pandemic in order to survive. Help to Grow: Digital will help businesses build on their new ways of working so they can bounce back better.
- The support businesses will receive through Help to Grow: Digital will also help them plan for the future, ensure they are being innovative in how they do business and give them the best chance to compete and grow.
- All businesses will be able to benefit from free online support on the platform.
Vouchers are expected to be available for software that helps businesses:
- build customer relationships and increase sales
- make the most of selling online
- manage their accounts and finances digitally
The voucher will be available to UK businesses that:
- have between 5 and 249 employees
- are registered at Companies House or are a registered society listed on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Mutuals Register.
- have been trading for more than 12 months
- are purchasing the approved software for the first time.