Entries to the Tourism Awards across the South West look set to break records again, with 637 entries already received, including 121 from Dorset, 166 from Devon, 166 from Cornwall & Isles of Scilly, 142 from Somerset, Bristol & Bath, and 25 from Wiltshire & Gloucestershire.
Numbers are expected to grow further, with entry into 5 prestigious categories remaining open until 22nd August. These are:
- Customer Service Superstar award, which recognises individuals or teams that regularly go above & beyond, offering exceptional service to visitors
- Tourism Event & Festival award, for events and festivals that attract visitors to the area and enhance their stay
- Outstanding Contribution to Tourism, for an individual, group or organisation that has made a significant contribution to the tourism industry in the area
- International/Inbound Visitor Experience of the Year (Cornwall and Dorset only) – For businesses that can demonstrate that they deliver an outstanding experience for visitors from overseas
- Age Friendly Tourism Business of the Year (Bristol, Bath & Somerset only) – marking Age UK Somerset’s 70th Anniversary, this is a special Award to recognise and celebrate those businesses that go out of their way to create a positive experience for those in later life.
We are seeing plenty of changes this year with new categories, criteria and an exciting range of awards events in Truro Cathedral, The Apex Hotel in Bath, the Lighthouse in Poole, Highbullen Country House Hotel in Devon and at Bristol Aerospace, under the last Concorde ever to fly. I must also thank our many sponsors who fund the year-round programme, including headline sponsors South West Water Business, Hoseasons, Bristol Airport and Saffery Champness. They and other sponsors will be benefiting from record visits to the awards websites, totalling over 28,000 page views since launch.Robin Barker
The awards celebrate excellence in tourism across the South West with linked schemes in Cornwall, Devon and Dorset and Bristol, Bath and Somerset. They aim to promote and reward businesses and individuals in the tourism industry, whatever their sector and size. They are free to enter, independently judged and all entrants receive feedback.
Full details of the tourism awards, along with details of how to enter, top tips and entry forms can be found at the five awards websites:
Bristol, Bath & Somerset Tourism Awards – www.somersettourismawards.org.uk
Dorset Tourism Awards – www.dorsettourismawards.org.uk
Cornwall Tourism Awards – www.cornwalltourismawards.org.uk
Devon Tourism Awards – www.devontourismawards.org.uk
The South West Tourism Excellence Awards – www.southwesttourismawards.org.uk