Cornish businesses invited to apply for The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise
Businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly could be in with the chance to win The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise.
The accolade is for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories: innovation, international trade, sustainable development, promoting opportunity through social mobility.
Winners will be invited to a Royal reception, presented with the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant, able to fly The Queen’s Awards flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website) and given a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) and a commemorative crystal trophy.
The awards are valid for 5 years and winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- have a good compliance record with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) - for example, showing you pay the right amount of tax on time
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
Organisations can be a business or non-profit.
Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria.
For more information or to apply visit: www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise/how-to-apply
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.