Welcome to People Hub, a brand-new way of supporting residents across Cornwall, during these uncertain times.
Our advisers are on hand to provide free confidential advice and support regarding work, employment, and training.
Get Help Now
Call - 0333 0150699 (Monday–Friday, 9am–4pm)
Email - [email protected]
Facebook – www.facebook.com/thepeoplehub
Twitter – www.twitter.com/PeopleHubCIoS
The People Hub is an innovative combination of technology and personal support to provide practical support and information to enable people who are currently unemployed or inactive resolve the key issues that may be preventing them from moving on in life.
They run an information line, where our Connectors are on hand to provide free and confidential information, advice, guidance, and they can also support individuals looking to get back into work, employment and training. The People Hub is part funded by the European Social Fund and has four delivery partners: Konnect Communities, Hi9, SmartMatching, and the Council of the Isles of Scilly.
Who is The People Hub For?
Anyone in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly who needs support and advice because:
- You're unemployed and wondering what options are open to you
- You're out of work and looking to retrain or develop new skills
- You've recently been made redundant and want to get back into work or training
- You are looking for help with moving forward but aren't sure what support is out there or where to look
How can The People Hub help you?
- Your Connector will talk through your issues and offer you information, advice, and guidance regarding work, employment, and training.
- The People Hub work closely with lots of organisations across Cornwall, meaning our Connectors will also be able to signpost you to organisations and projects with specific expertise that can help you move forward.
- They can offer you peace of mind, a chance to share your concerns, and reassurance that there is support out there.
Our Delivery Partners
- Using their expertise in engaging communities, developing resilience, and supporting unemployed and inactive people, Konnect Communities will employ Community Champions and run the Community Change courses to communities.
- SmartMatching will be providing training for participants to build skills and confidence in accessing a wide range of remote work, as well as develop and provide a Smart Matching portal for The People Hub participants.
- Hi9 are delivering innovative Audio Digital Assistants and ChatBots to support people out of work with accessing the information regarding provision and support.
- The Council of the Isles of Scilly will be delivering The People Hub project on Isles of Scilly to support people out of work into employment, education and training.
Other Support Needs
COVID-19: Please note, People Hub cannot provide advice in relation to any Covid-19 health-related enquiries. In this instance please refer to NHS services or current Government or Cornwall Council guidance:
Legal Advice: The People Hub cannot provide any legal advice, for free legal advice please contact Citizens Advice on the details below:
'At the end of last year, I was made redundant and was at a real loss. I was referred to The People Hub and spoke to Kim who kindly referred me to another lady Maggie at the National Careers Service with a view to reviewing my CV. I made the call and updated my CV. My revised CV got lots more interest and I ended up here - a newly recruited Work Coach for the DWP. So a big thank you to Kim for that initial advice.'
'It's great to hear that the focus is on the need of the customer, and doing what is right for them.'