Do you have an idea for a business or have started trading in the last year? Heading into 2019 wanting to make a big change by starting a business?
Start-up businesses can access free help for everything from business planning, research and marketing to sales and finance to help make their idea happen. The place to start is The Growth Hub, we put businesses in touch with the right support to help them grow.
Here’s how it works
Got a business idea? You need to get in touch with the Growth Hub. We are here to help businesses with a free business review to get people in touch with the right support. When you book a review, you will be entered into the prize draw* of extra start up support worth up to £8500!
New business and not had a Business Review?
First of all, why haven’t you had a business review yet?! Don’t worry, if you book a review the Growth Hub is here to help and put you in touch with all the free support for new business owners and if you business was started in 2018, you too will get an entry into the draw. Call us on 01209 708 660 to speak to our team.
When does the competition start and Closing Date
The Competition opens on 26th December 2018. You have until the 31st March 2019 to book a business review to get an entry to the prize draw.
You could win this amazing prize package worth up to £8500!
Two-page company profile/interview to be published in a future issue of Business Cornwall magazine.
Social media video production from The Growth Hub
How to Enter
Get in touch. You can give us a call on 01209 708 660 or send us a message and we can ring you back. Have a chat to one of our friendly Navigators and book a business review before the 31st March 2019 and that is it. You will be entered into our free prize draw for a chance to win the package of start up support with up to £8500!
The prize draw is an extra boost for one lucky person, but there is such a range of fantastic business support available for free, everyone will be a winner. Hear from Matt from Odyssey Adventures on how meeting the Growth Hub helped launch their marine business.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CORNWALL AND ISLES OF SCILLY GROWTH HUB START-UP COMPETITION (VIA ONLINE, TELEPHONE AND IN PERSON)
The terms and conditions set out in this section apply to all of the competitions operated by the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub, managed by Cornwall Development Company Ltd.
Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Growth Hub is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund and match funded by Cornwall Council, the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.
Additional Terms and Conditions are included in Section 2.
- WHO IS PROMOTING/SPONSORING THIS COMPETITION?
The promoter and sponsor of this Prize Draw is Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub, registered Office: Cornwall Development Company Ltd, Bickford House, South Wheal Crofty, Station Road, Pool, Redruth TR15 3QG. You can contact Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub at the above address.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this competition if you meet the following requirements:
You are a legal resident of Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly and you are 18 years or older at the time of entry, and
You are NOT an employee or immediate family of an employee of any of the projects delivered by Cornwall Development Company; and
You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this competition.
You fall within one of the categories set out in Section 2, paragraph 2.
- HOW ARE WINNERS SELECTED AND NOTIFIED?
We will conduct one drawing from all eligible entries received from entrants whose place of residence is within Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly on 02/04/19. Winners will be announced within 48 (forty-eight) hours of the draw taking place. If this date is to be postponed for any reason the new dates will be published on ciosgrowthhub.com
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the contact details provided at time of entry. If we are unable to reach you for any reason, we may randomly select an alternate winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorised account holder of the e-mail address used to register on the Growth Hub website.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign a declaration of eligibility and publicity release before the prize can be fulfilled.
If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period stated on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and randomly select an alternative winner.
- WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION?
By entering this Competition you agree:
- To abide by the Rules;
- To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub and its respective advertising and promotional agencies and Competition judging organisation, the parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, assigns and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage of any kind or disappointment arising from or in connection with this competition or any prize won save with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub negligence and with respect to claims resulting from fraud or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
- That Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Competition;
- That by accepting a prize, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub may use your personal data online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Competition, without payment or compensation to you. The declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release provided to the potential winner will make reference to obtaining your free consent to use your personal data.
- That you may be requested to take part in promotional activity and that your personal data, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of you may be used in any publicity.
- That your personal data may be used by Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub for future marketing activities by email and from time to time you may be sent relevant information relating to the activities they undertake.
- That your personal data may be passed to our business support partners for future marketing activities by email.
- WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS COMPETITION IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to this Competition, the decision of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. These terms and conditions, the conduct of this promotion and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
- WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE EVENT CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and /or integrity of this Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this event. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the event, we reserve the right to select successful entrants from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the event.
- DATA PROTECTION
- CHANGING THESE TERMS
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, or the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these Rules. A copy of the Terms and Conditions may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Start-Up Competition Terms & Conditions, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub, Cornwall Development Company, Bickford House, South Wheal Crofty, Station Road, Pool, Redruth TR15 3QG
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
SECTION TWO – TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CORNWALL AND ISLES OF SCILLY GROWTH HUB START-UP COMPETITION (“RULES”)
The terms and conditions set out in this section apply to the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub Start-Up Competition. Additional Terms and Conditions applicable to all draws are included in Section 1.
This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Competition” throughout the rest of these Rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub, the sponsor of the draw. “You,” “yourself” refers to an eligible draw entrant.
- WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Event starts at 09:00hrs Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on 24/12/18 and closes at 17:00 hrs Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on 31/03/19 (“Closing Date”).
HOW DO I ENTER?
The following can enter this competition:
- New Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub clients who have arranged an appointment for a business review where the booking is made during the competition period.
- New clients must be eligible to receive support under our funding agreement and terms of reference with European Regional Development Fund.
- Clients must have started trading after 1st January 2018 or be a pre-start (not trading)
- WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
- To be Announced
If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
If you are selected:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services.
- If you accept a prize, you will be responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize, if any.
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub are not responsible for the third party organisations who have participated in the prize fund. The promoter cannot control how they operate, when or if they are available, or what content they carry. Even though the promoter ran the competition, the promoter does not endorse the third parties, its products, or services.
- Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
Without that meeting we wouldn’t have been where we are todayMatt Relton