The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub (CIOS Growth Hub) is managed by Cornwall Development Company and funded by the European Union, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Cornwall Council and the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.
CIOS Growth Hub (“we”) are committed to keeping any personal information you give us safe. We use the information we collect about you to send you communications about the CIOS Growth Hub in Cornwall & Isles of Scilly that may be of interest to you via email and to assist with referrals to other organisations that can offer you business support.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How do we collect information?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you when you register on our website register on our website (our site) or complete the online business diagnostic or by completing the Client Agreement Form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or attending one of our events.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What information do we collect about you and when do we collect it?
The types of information collected might include your name, business name (if applicable), email address, contact telephone numbers, private/business address, financial information, details of your business and your requirements for business support and/or advice.
How do we use this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information you have requested and make qualified referrals to other business support organisations. For example, if you have completed our online diagnostic and have identified a need for business advice on launching a new product, we will refer you to organisations that can assist you to reach your goal; to provide you with ongoing information about business support relevant to your needs. We may also use it to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Sharing information with other organisations
Your information may be shared with the Department of Business, Information and Skills (BIS), the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG), Cornwall Council, the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership and or accessed by their appointed auditors as a consequence of our funding requirements.
It may also be shared with business support organisations if you have benefited from a referral via CIOS Growth Hub as this reduces the need to repeat your information when dealing with the referred organisation.
Your information may be provided to other companies who provide administration services on our behalf, for example a mailing house or email marketing provider but solely for the purpose of providing you with the information you have requested and not for marketing purposes by anyone other than CIOS Growth Hub. Your information will not be shared with any other parties other than our chosen processing agents.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect an individual’s rights, property, or safety.
Cookies are information transferred from our website and stored on your computer. Cookies tell us how you use our sites and cookies store some of the information we ask you for. This information is stored on your computer so that the next time you come to our site we don’t have to ask you again.
Google Analytics will be used to report on website activity and Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on user interactions on Google Analytics customers’ websites. These cookies are used to store non-personally identifiable information. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us via email@example.com.
We are committed to dealing with personal data in the spirit of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and protecting personal privacy in accordance with the law.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Cornwall Development Company of Bickford House, South Wheal Crofty, Station Road, Pool, Redruth TR15 2HQ. When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we may use it to provide you with ongoing information about CIOS Growth Hub. We will not rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. In order to exercise this right, please contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any information you share with us is securely stored in our database. We operate an email opt-in policy so, should you wish to stop receiving information via email from us, you are able to do this via the link included at the bottom of every marketing email we send you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from CIOS Growth Hub by post please email email@example.com with your name, business name and postal address and enter ‘postal opt-out’ in the subject line.
If you wish to know more about your rights in respect of protection of personal data, you should write to the:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Or call the Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your telephone number)
CIOS Growth Hub is managed by Cornwall Development Company, a local authority company controlled by Cornwall Council. Cornwall Development Company is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998. Registered number Z4931935.